Non-Technical Security Practices on the Go
Strong security isn’t just about the cyber domain of strong passwords and blocking malware. You also safeguard sensitive information with physical security and cautious behavior. Here are some non-technical security tips:
- Keep an eye on your devices and never leave them with strangers.
- Look for privacy in places like airports and coffeeshops. Sit where no one can see over your shoulder.
- Dim the screen on your device or get a privacy filter so it’s harder for strangers to see what’s on your device.
- Don’t discuss sensitive information in public areas or where people can eavesdrop on your conversation.
- Get a case to protect your devices. A sturdy case can cushion your device if dropped or protect it if something is spilled on it.